WASM development via the Grain Programming Language

Installing Grain from Source

⚠ Fair warning: This takes a long time (60+ minutes on my gaming laptop, granted I was doing 5 other things at the same time as I normally do).

With node and npm already installed, I started following the instructions on XXX. They didn't quite work for me on my Windows machine, however, why I instead ending up doing the below:


Enable Developer Settings


Run a bunch of commands


git clone https://github.com/grain-lang/grain

cd grain

npm ci

cd compiler

npm install

cd ../cli

npm install

npm run build-pkg

npm run link

[Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable("Path", $env:Path + ";" + (npm bin --global) -join "`n","User")


Then, I restarted my shell and rejoiced in having 'grain' available!  I hope this was useful for you 😅

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Auto Mapper and Record Types - will they blend?

Unit testing your Azure functions - part 2: Queues and Blobs

Testing WCF services with user credentials and binary endpoints